WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT & RECLAIMED WATER REUSE
WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The Wastewater Management Program was established to help protect public health and the environment within the Community by regulating wastewater disposal, treatment, and reclaimed water reuse.
WASTEWATER & RECLAIMED WATER MANAGEMENT ORDINANCE
On May 4, 2016, the Gila River Indian Community adopted the Wastewater and Reclaimed Water Management Ordinance, codified as Title 15, Chapter 6.
Purpose of Ordinance:
- Proper disposal and management of wastewater and septage.
- Provide performance standards and water quality limits for wastewater treatment.
- Provide safe utilization of reclaimed water which is a valuable resource.
- Protect ground and surface water resources.
- Protect the health, safety and welfare of the members, nonmembers, residents, and employees of the Gila River Indian Community.
- Who Does the Ordinance Regulate?
- Authorized Methods of Wastewater and Septage disposal
- What Does the Ordinance Regulate?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reclaimed Water Reuse
Reclaimed water reuse conserves the Community’s valuable water resources and allows the Community’s groundwater to be protected and used as drinking water for future generations. The Wastewater Management Ordinance provides standards and water quality limits for reclaimed water distribution and use within the Community.
Reclaimed Water Reuse Types
General Information on Reuse
RECLAIMED WATER DOCUMENTS:
City of Chandler and City of Mesa Permits and Monitoring Data
Monthly Report for Chandler-Ocotillo WRF MCESD #37-164, 7/1/2015 to 7/31/2015
Chandler-Ocotillo Water Reclamation Facility Aquifer Protection Permit No. P-100140, Amendment.
City of Chandler-Industrial Pretreatment Annual Report 2014
Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant Monthly Discharge Report for IGA, 07/01/15 to 07/31/15.
City of Mesa Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant, Other Aquifer Protection Permit Amendment Inv. No. 105443, LTF No. 49623.
AZPDES Permit Application No. AZ0025241, Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant, 4400 South Greenfield Road, Gilbert, AZ 85296
City of Mesa Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant Pretreatment Program Annual Report January 1 – December 31, 2014.